Tuesday, July 24, 2012

YA Crush Tourney Win - Daemon Black

Yay! I am so happy to see that Daemon won his first tourney match ever and has moved on to the next round! Valerie, his amazing advocate, and all those who voted for him did a wonderful job. Honestly, seeing the fans tweet, post, and talk about the character/book for straight 24 hours is really an amazing thing to see. You guys are awesome. I honestly can't say that enough.

So thank you to Valerie (you rock!) and everyone who helped out with Daemon. Since the votes reached 2500 there is a copy of a Deity ARC to give away.

The winner is:
Stephanie Hall
Congrats! Please send an email with your address to jenniferlarmentrout(at)live(dot)com

Also, because Daemon won, you get the never seen before deleted scene from Obsidian.
As I write a story, I usually write in linear fashion—from start to finish. But sometimes certain scenes pop in my head, scenes that are out of order, and I jot them down quickly. And sometimes that scene never makes it to the editor let alone the final edition. I have so many of these random scenes lying around and I try to work them into future novels. Sometimes they just don’t ever fit. But I keep them.

Originally, this scene was after the homecoming night from hell and Kat had a trace on her. It came before the Laptop Scene. Daemon had to keep an eye on her, and it was unseasonably warm October evening, and they ended up getting ice cream. It never made it to the final version of Obsidian, because even though I really enjoyed the scene, it didn’t add much to the story. Keep in mind this is unedited, so you’re probably see a few typos or a comma splice from hell. 

PLEASE READ: There was a typo above. 2500 votes was for a deity arc. Daemon got a little over 2600 votes. An Onyx was for 3000. There will be more incentives in the different rounds. (You can see the actual incentives where its listed correctly a few posts down)

23 comments:

  1. Yay! Gah, I love Daemon and Katy so much!! I need Onyx now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was adorable. :). thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that scene! Yummy Daemon is having a hard time resisting Kitten!!!! My mind was whirling with what he was thinking through all that. SO good. Thanks girl.

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this so much ! Just what i needed today...a nice dose of Daemon ; ) Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait I thought we were getting a reason good onyx teaser for 3000 votes? That's what the last post said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I won the jackpot. Your writing is that good! Thank you, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having trouble breathing after that scene.... That's what Daemon does to me (and probably every other girl out there). Anyway... I thought we were getting a really good Onyx teaser...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so good to us!! I loved that! Thank you for being so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i have this signed and framed pls!!!!! this is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need air! I can't breathe! Awesome scene, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So close to 3000!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah! That was soooooooo good! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for Onyx! =D

    ReplyDelete